Activities supported by ADI 2018
List of activities funded and/or (co-)organized by ADI
Lectures, seminars, workshops etc.
- Asia brown bag: Lai Sze Tso
Asia brown bag with Lai Sze Tso from Global Health and Medical Humanities Initiative (GHMHI) at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Asia brown bag: Death in the Philippines
Asia brown bag talk by Steffen Jensen, Professor, Dept. of Culture and Global Studies, Aalborg University and Astrid Krabbe Trolle, PhD fellow, Dept. of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies, University of Copenhagen.
- How India Became Democratic
Public guest lecture by Dr Ornit Shani,Senior Lecturer, Department of Asian Studies, University of Haifa.
- From Logogram to Phonogram
Public lecture by Dr. Fumi Karahashi, Chuo University, Tokyo.
- Surveilled, re-educated and assimilated on the New Silk Road
Public talk by Ildikó Bellér-Hann and Rune Steenberg, Dept. of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies.
- Asymmetric Parity and the Allison Trap
Guest lecture with professor Brantly Womack, University
- ChinaTalks: China and the Re-Centering of Asia
Chinatalk by Prof. Brantly Womack, Cumming Memorial Professor of Foreign Affairs at the University of Virginia.
- Emerging Worlds: Beastly Identification
Public guest lecture by Associate Professor Nayanika Mathur, University of Oxford.
- Asia Brown Bag: The Political Economy of SOEs
Asia brown bag talk by Nis Grünberg, CBS.
- Witnessing Death: Photographing the Philippine Drug war
Public lecture by Vicente L. Rafael, Professor of History, University of Washington.
- Roundtable discussion with Vicente L. Rafael
Roundtable discussion with Vicente L. Rafael, Professor of History, University of Washington.
- Asia Brown Bag: Sacres Cetaceans: Comparing Whale Worship in Vietnam and Japan
Asia brown bag talk by Aike Rots,Associate Professor in Contemporary Japan Studies at the Department of Culture Studies and Oriental Languages, University of Oslo.
- NAJS Conference 2018
The Fourteenth Annual Conference organized by the Nordic Association for the Study of Contemporary Japanese Society (NAJS)will take place at the University of Copenhagen on 24-25 May.
- Happiness and the good life in Japan
Keynote address by Prof. Dr. Wolfram Manzenreiter, University of Vienna at the 14th NAJS Conference
- ADI Conference 2018
"Transition and Disruption in Asia", the 10th annual international ADI conference, 18-20 June 2018.
- Hiearchies of Misery in Robert Duterte's Philippines
Public guest lecture by Nicole Curato, Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for Deliberative Democracy and Global Governance, University of Canberra.
- CNARC Roundtable
Roundtable featuring Egill Þór Níelsson, Nordic coordinator of CNARC, the China-Nordic Arctic Research Centre in Shanghai.
- China's International Development Cooporation
Lunch talk presentation by Dr Yuan Zheng, UNDP (United Nations Development Programme) China.
- India Files: Four Futures - India-Denmark Relations in the 21st Century
Panel debate comprising scholars and policymakers that sets focus on four futures in the intertwined arenas of commerce, culture, people and politics that lie ahead.
- The forgotten secret of Japanese books
Guest lecture by Professor Peter Kornicki from the University of Cambridge.
- Nagayo Sensai: The Japanese Pioneer of Primary Health Care and his Eureka Moments
Public talk by Eimi Watanabe.
- South Asia Lectures: Religious Nationalism, Populism, and Democracy in India
Public talk by Dr. Uday Chandra, Georgetown University, Doha, Qatar.
- Emerging Worlds: The Pricing of Progress
Public talk and discussion by Dr. Eli Cook, University of Haifa.
- Seminar on Welfare State Regimes in East and West
Seminar at the Department of Sociology with participants from Yonsei University, Korea, and UCPH.
- Debat: Har vi brug for flere babyer?
Debatarrangement om konsekvenserne af lavfertilitet i Danmark, Kina og verdenen.
- A Century of International Relations: The Politics of Crisis, Uncertainty, and Disorder
First Copenhagen-Tokyo IARU Conference in International Relations.
- Peace-Building on the Korean Peninsula and the Role of EU
Lunch talk by Jae-Seung Lee, Pofessor,Jean Monnet Chair, Korea University
- ADI-Workshop: Digital Korean Studies
Workshop on Digital Korean studies with Junho Lee and Theodore Jun Yoo, Yonsei University, and Barbara Wall, Dept. of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies UCPH.
- Contested Narratives in Islamic Central Asia
Workshop to mark the 10th anniversary of ADI.
- Facing the Challenges of Ethical Communication across Differences in Disciplines, Cultures and Class: The case of Bile Duct Cancer in the Mekhong Delta
Lunch talk by Prof. Rachel Harrison, SOAS.
- Astrid Krabbe Trolle, Dept. of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies
Visit by Prof. Vicente Rafael, guest lecture and discussion panel
- Barbara Wall, Dept. of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies
Participation in workshop in Tel Aviv
- Dan Hirslund and Elizabeth Williams Ørberg, Dept. of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies
Support for establishment and inaugural meeting for DHSG (Danish Himalayan Scholars Group)
- Andreas Egelund Christensen, Global Development
Support for organizing field course in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Gunhild Borggren, Dept. of Arts and Cultural Studies
Field Study Workshop in Copenhagen
- Ingo Zettler, Dept. of Psychology
Workshop in China and establishment of Chinese-Danish collaboration
- Jun Liu, Dept. of Media, Cognition and Communication
Student assistant for coding
- Peter B. Andersen, Dept. of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies
Meeting in Copenhagen to plan international workshop