Roundtable Discussion: Assessing the state of EU-Taiwan relations
With the high-level political debate between President Ma Ying-jeou and selected EU Parliamentarians on 29 September 2015 as a backdrop, this roundtable will assess and discuss the current state of EU-Taiwan relations and their underlying rationales.
- What is the current status and key aspects of the EU-Taiwan relation?
- How do we understand the recent developments in the Taiwan-China relation and what lie ahead?
- What are the underlying (national and cultural) rationales behind the internal Taiwan-China debate?
- What do Taiwanese students think about the Taiwan-China relationship?
- Bertel Heurlin, Professor, Department of political science, University of Copenhagen
- Clemens Østergaard, Senior Research Fellow, NIAS-Nordic Institute for Asian Studies
- Camilla T.N. Sørensen, Assistant Professor, Department of political science, University of Copenhagen
Ida Risskov Sørensen, Student, China Studies, University of Copenhagen
Moderator: Jørgen Delman, Professor, Department of cross-cultural and regional studies, University of Copenhagen
Watch the political debate between President Ma and selected EU Parliamentarians (video-podcast). Original URL: https://hievent.hinet.net/2015oopeur/index_e.html
The roundtable is open to the public and participation is free of charge.