Yenching Academy Introduction Meeting
Introduction to the 1-year master of China Studies Program at Yenching Academy w. John Holden, Associate Dean, Yenching Academy.
The Yenching Academy at Peking University invites students at University of Copenhagen to apply for 1-year master program as Yenching Scholar. Students will apply directly through the University of Copenhagen, which will review applications and nominate the best candidates to the Yenching Academy.
An aspiring Yenching Scholar:
- Has a BA degree in any field from University of Copenhagen before August 31, 2016
- Is typically under the age of 26 on August 31, 2016
- Has an outstanding academic record
- Has demonstrated leadership skills
- Is active in extracurricular activities
- Is actively engaged with the community and has a strong sense of social responsibility
- Has a strong moral character
- Has demonstrated interest in exploring diverse cultures, in particular Chinese and Asia Pacific cultures
- Has demonstrated English proficiency
Yenching Scholars receive a fellowship that covers tuition and fees, accommodation and living costs. Students will complete their coursework during the fall and spring semesters, supplemented with additional study during the summer. The fellowship for international students ends after twelve months; they may complete and defend their thesis any time up to two years after they have completed their Yenching Academy residence.