Asia and Africa in Transition
In light of the current situation and global coronavirus concern, the conference has been postponed from October 2020 to 28-30 June 2021.
In 2021, the annual ADI conference and the annual NNC conference will join forces with a number of globally oriented networks and centres at the University of Copenhagen.
The organisers are:
- Asian Dynamics Initiative
- NIAS – Nordic Institute of Asian Studies
- School of Global Health
- Sustainability Science Centre
- UCPH Global Development
About the conference
Asia and Africa, with a population of 4.6 billion and 1.3 billion respectively, represent about 80 percent of the world’s population. Major changes have taken place both within and between the two continents in areas ranging from economic development, trade, health care, demography and climate to politics and entertainment, with impacts that reach out in many cases across the globe. The conference will focus on the multiple forms of linkages occurring between Asia and Africa in an increasingly multi-polar world. It will feature keynote speeches and a range of panels and roundtables across disciplines, temporalities and themes in the study of Asian and African dynamics.
- Ching Kwan Lee, Professor of Sociology at the University of California, Los Angeles
- Jonathan Rigg, Professor and Chair in Human Geography at the University of Bristol
- Reiner Klingholz, Former Director of Berlin Institute for Population and Development
Visit the conference website for more information.