19 October 2011
Five new post docs at NIASFive new post docs have joined NIAS for a two months' period from October to December.
- Karl Jakob Krogness, Japonologist, University of Copenhagen
Project title: "Household-based registration and cultural similarity in Northeast Asia - Japan, Taiwan, and (South) Korea"
- Susanne Bregnbæk, Antropologist, University of Copenhagen
Project title: "Jesus in Beijing: Mapping Young Chinese Christian's Religious Lives"
- Angie Bexley, Anthropologist, The Australian National University
Project title: "Mapping Migrant Landscapes: East Timorese in Europe"
- Taru Salmenkari, University of Helsinki
Project title: "Vertical and horizontal civil society relations in East Asia - The role of NGOs in constituting civil society"
- Henri Myrrtinen, University of Kwazulu-Natal, Durban, South Afrika
Project title: "Legacies of Colonialism, Occupation, Tradition and Popular Culture - Examining Hybrid Masculine Identities in Timor-Leste Gangs"