Call for applications: Yenching Academy, Peking University
The prestigious Yenching Academy at Peking University is inviting students from University of Copenhagen to apply for the one-year, fully-funded Master of China Studies.
Interested students should apply via the ThinkChina Secretariat before 31 December 2015. Read on for further instructions.
An aspiring Yenching Scholar:
- Has a BA degree in any field from University of Copenhagen before August 31, 2016
- Is typically under the age of 26 on August 31, 2016
- Has an outstanding academic record
- Has demonstrated leadership skills
- Is active in extracurricular activities
- Is actively engaged with the community and has a strong sense of social responsibility
- Has a strong moral character
- Has demonstrated interest in exploring diverse cultures, in particular Chinese and Asia Pacific cultures
- Has demonstrated English proficiency
The Yenching Scholars' Fellowship includes
Yenching Scholars receive a fellowship that covers tuition and fees, accommodation and living costs. Students will complete their coursework during the fall and spring semesters, supplemented with additional study during the summer. The fellowship for international students ends after twelve months; they may complete and defend their thesis any time up to two years after they have completed their Yenching Academy residence.
Application Process - Deadline has passed
The ThinkChina Secretariat is responsible for the application process at University of Copenhagen and will recommend 2-3 suitable candidates to the Yenching Academy.
NB: It is recommended that you sign up for the the Yenching Academy information meeting to be held on 11 November 2015.